We are Central Marylands Source for Quality Meat Rabbits direct from the farm.
Located in Northern Harford County Maryland.
30 miles N of Baltimore, Md. & 33 miles S of York, Pa.
We have New Zealand, Californian and Crosses between the two. In addition to Silver Fox Avilability mid 2013 for silver fox.
On Farm Custom Butchering
Clean and Sanitary Processing & Packaging room
Currently we can only sell processed & packaged meat directly on the farm. Once we complete our MDA classes in February we should be able to move foward with sales and delivery anywhere in the State of Maryland,
On our Products page you will find Rabbits , Hutches, cages & meat for sale.
SO If you are not prepared to think about rabbits as a food source then you may wish to EXIT NOW.
If You have not thought of rabbits as a source for food please read the information below you may learn a few things that you may not be aware of.
Did You know that Rabbit meat is one of the healthiest meats to eat.
1) U S Department of Agriculture has made extensive test and have stated that domestic rabbit meat is the most nutritious meat known to man.
2) Rabbit is highest in protein%. (U S D A circular # 549)
3) Rabbit is lower in % of fat than chicken, turkey, beef, and pork. (U S D A circular # 549)
4) Unsaturated fatty acids is 63% of total fatty acids. ( Dr Reo)
5) Rabbit has 795 calories per pound. Chicken 810, Veal 840, Turkey 1190, Lamb 1420, Beef 1440, Pork 2050. ( U S D A circular # 549 )
6) Rabbits are raised up off the ground and is one of the cleanest meat.
7) Rabbit meat is all white meat.
8) Cholesterol level in rabbit meat is much lower than chicken, turkey, beef, pork. (Alabama A & M University)